Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to take the HiSET?
- Anyone who is 18 years of age.
- Anyone who is 17 years of age and has been out of school for at least one year or home-schooled.
- A 17 year old who does not meet the requirement stated above may apply for an immediate need waiver at the Adult Ed Office. This waiver must be approved by the State of Maine Dept of Education.
- No 16 year old is permitted to test.
- The State of Maine requires students to pass an Official Practice Test in each subject area.
- Anyone taking the Official HiSET must have an approved ID; i.e., current Maine State Driver's License, Maine State picture ID, a current passport or a military ID.
Back to the List