Archive: December 2015
Do you have your high school diploma, GED or HiSET and are thinking about the next step in your education but not sure where to begin? We at Mt. Blue Adult Ed can help you. Our 15-week college prep program is starting in January.
What do we do?
- Explore your career interests, strengths and options
- Assess your academic skills
- Help with college admissions and financial aid forms
- Teach you to manage your time and stress
- Help to strengthen math, reading, writing, technology and study skills
Call Mt Blue Adult Ed today at 778-3460 for more information or to register for January classes!
by Julie Sawyer
on December 15, 2015
Read more in:
News and Events
The next Mt. Blue RSD Adult Education Orientation will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, January 6 and 7, from 9:00-3:00 with classes beginning the following week.
What is Orientation?
- Orientation is a requirement set forth by the State of Maine that all students participate in 12 hours of orientation as part of the enrollment process into Adult Education.
- Day One is filled with information about the program presented by various staff members and instructors. Students must complete paperwork and review policies that will guide their education. The instructors will also administer tests to determine what learning levels our students may be at in order to place them into appropropriate classes. These tests not only provide important information to the instructors, they are also required by the State of Maine.
- Day Two will have the instructors reviewing test results and setting up students' individual schedules for classes. Students will also hear more information about use of technology in their education and college/career transitions. Not all students will require classes but will still meet with the instructors to review the next step, whether it is preparing for their HiSet (formerly GED) or for taking tests for college.
Why is it important that I attend both days?
- In order to best meet our students' educational needs, students must be tested and assigned appropriate classes. This cannot be completed in one day because the instructors meet to discuss each student's goals and educational pathway before meeting with them individually on Day Two.
Do I need to bring anything?
- We will provide lunch but if you might like to bring snacks or beverages.
- Please bring your social security number and a state-issued picture ID or current driver's license.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Call Mt. Blue RSD Adult Education at 778-3460 Monday through Thursday from 8:30-4:00 to register for the next orientation. The next three Orientation Dates are January 6-7, 2016, February 24-25, 2016 and April 13-14, 2016.
by Julie Sawyer
on December 2, 2015