Our community is looking for individuals who want to make a difference in a child’s life.
Children’s Behavioral Health Services are vital to Maine’s children with Intellectual Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health Disorders and their families. And the need in our area is great!
As an integral part of the child’s treatment team, a Certified Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) has the opportunity to make an immediate impact while helping a child grow and develop to their full potential.
We are excited to connect our community with Woodfords Family Service for this wonderful ONLINE training program. The online training will equip you to successfully help children who are currently on a wait list for services. The training will prepare you for employment through local social services agencies. The program can be started at any time and finished at your own pace.
You will complete 12 online modules then two 4-hour live sessions. Once the modules are completed, you will receive free online blood borne pathogen training and virtual First Aid & CPR training if you do not already possess those certifications. The entire training requirements will take about 45 hours.
5/01 & 5/08/21 - 2 Saturdays, 9am - 1:30pm both Saturdays
· 5/19, 5/26 & 6/02/21 - 3 Wednesday evenings, 5:30pm - 8pm
· 5/21/21 - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
· 6/03 & 6/04/21 - Thursday & Friday, 8am - 12:30pm both days
· 6/08/21 - Tuesday, 8am - 4:30pm
6/23 & 6/24/21 - Wednesday & Thursday, 8am - 12:30pm both days.
Any individual who will be 18 years of age or older upon completion of the course may register.
The administration fee of $25.
See Blended Learning Curriculum at Woodfords Family Service for more information.
You can call Franklin County Adult Education and get a registration form to mail to Woodfords Family Service.
Additional requirements to earn your BHP Certificate:
Ethics & Boundaries class (offered monthly, virtually, 2.5 hours)
· Completion of an OSHA compliant Blood-borne pathogens (BBP) training (online course assigned to you in BHP Relias Learning Management System, .5 hours)
· Child & Adult First Aid & CPR w/AED Certification (a voucher for the Red Cross CPR/FA course will be made available through Woodfords Training & Resource Center - more information will be provided upon enrollment, 2.75 hours)